Top 10 Benefits of Purchasing Travel Insurance
Most travelers spend a lot of time and money on planning the perfect vacation, but forget the #1 most important purchase, Travel Insurance. Below we will outline the benefits of purchasing travel insurance. There’s nothing better than having that peace of mind while you are traveling!
- Cancelation Fees and Lost Deposits: Often vacations are sold as packages, and when they are, there are parts of your trip that can be canceled causing you to incur cancelation fees and lost deposits. This also covers you if life happens, and you need to cancel your trip for any reason.
- Medical Expenses: While you never intend on getting sick on vacation, a situation can arise that requires more attention than the in-house doctor at a resort. This will cover you if you have to go to the hospital or clinic in the area
- Overseas medical expenses: Traveling overseas can be daunting when you get sick and/or get hurt and require immediate emergency medical attention. Medical expenses in foreign countries can be very expensive. Your travel insurance will cover you.
- Dangerous Activities during your trip: If you are the adventurous type, it’s a great idea to purchase travel insurance. Again, not that you intend to get hurt, but it’s always a good idea, especially if you plan on hiking up a mountain, hiking up a volacano, zip-lining, etc.
- Accidental Death or Permanent Dismemberment: Unfortunately, things like this occur to travelers. You will have access to the help you need should this tragic event occur. It may cover additional travel, additional room and board, change of flights, etc.
- Car accidents: While traveling you may rent a car to get around. Travel Insurance may cover if you get into an accident and any repairs or costs that are associated with it.
- Loss of luggage: We’ve all been there. We get off the plane and our luggage isn’t there. Having insurance can help replace your belongings for the duration of your trip in the event that your luggage becomes lost.
- Lost or Stolen Cash: While traveling, there may be people that prey on tourists. It’s always a great idea that you keep track of your wallet and your cash. In the event that your cash gets stolen, travel insurance may replace your stolen cash so that you can enjoy the rest of your trip.
- Legal Expenses: There are some countries that have strict laws we may not know about. If you happen to find yourself incarcerated in a foreign country, travel insurance will help you recoup any charges for lawyers, bail, etc.
- 24 hour assistance: Most travel insurance companies offer a 24 hour hotline to answer any questions that you have or if one of these incidents should occur. They will help you find local resources that offer assistance during times of emergency. This is especially invaluable in countries that do not speak your language.
As travel insurance goes, not all policies are alike. It is important to read your entire policy BEFORE you leave on your trip and to know how and what you are covered for. It is also very important to take a copy of your policy information with you as well as the contact information for the travel insurance company. While travel insurance cannot help people avoid misfortunes during their travels, purchasing travel insurance provides that extra coverage you need to give you peace of mind that if things were to go wrong, you’re covered. #travelinsurance #travel #jusadventures