Price: $2500 for a double occupancy, $2900 for a single
Tour Leader: Samantha
Payment Plan Option: Yes
Category: Women and Men
Duration: 8 Days
Dates: July 21st, 2018-July 28th, 2018
Available Spots: 14
• Round trip air from NY to Rome
• Airport transfers
• 2 nights at the Massimo D’Azeglio Hotel
• 2 nights in Florence at 4 star Mediterraneo Hotel or similar
• 2 night in Venice at 4 star Delfino Hotel or similar
• 8 meals: 4 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and 3 dinners
• Entrance to the Mark’s Basilica in Venice- “skip the line”
• Assisi for a visit of the mystic town of Saint Francis
• Visit Padua
• Panoramic guided walking tour of Venice
• Visit Tuscany Wine Region
• Visit Bologna
• Visit Sienna
• English-speaking guide on tours
• Porterage service
• Entrance fees to monuments or museums when not mentioned
• City tax for overnight stays (according to each city council rules)
• Everything that is not mentioned above that is included
* Prices are per person and based on double occupancy. All prices are expressed in US dollars. All travel documents are the responsibility of the passenger. A valid passport with at least 6 months validity after the date of travel is required. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Day 1: Depart JFK to Rome
Day 2: Arrive in Rome and head to our hotel the Massimo D’Azeglio. This day we will enjoy at leisure.
Day 3: Departing at 7:15 AM from Massimo D’Azeglio Hotel by a deluxe coach, we will arrive in Assisi where we can explore this tiny town, surrounded by walls built in the middle ages at our own leisure.
Make time to visit the Basilica of St. Francis, where we will see masterpieces by Giotto and Ciambue, and to have lunch (not included). Board the bus for Siena, a medieval town surrounded by ancient walls that is known for the Palio, an annual summertime horse race around Piazza del Campo.
Next, we will continue on to Florence, where we will check into our hotel before enjoying dinner and a well-earned night of rest.
Day 4: Florence
After breakfast, we will spend the day venturing around beautiful Florence, the “cradle of renaissance, where, with the help of Michelangelo, Italian art reached its pinnacle. Based on Etruscan-Roman origins, the city flourished in the middle ages as a free “comune” and was further refined by the renaissance. We will be fascinated by its numerous monuments, churches, and buildings, as Santa Maria del Fiore, more commonly referred to as the Duomo. On our visit, we will be amazed by its magnificent dome built by Filippo Brunelleschi. Cross a small piazza to see the campanile tower (partly designed by Giotto) and the baptistery, with its bronze doors that Michelangelo dubbed the “gates of paradise.” In the heart of the city, we will see Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo della Signoria (also known as Palazzo Vecchio), and the basilica of Santa Croce. Lunch in a typical Tuscany restaurant in Santa Croce square. Spend the afternoon strolling the cobblestone streets of Florence on our own or take a short trip to Pisa (optional), one of the four main historical marine republics of Italy. There, we will tour the square of miracles, which houses the Duomo, the leaning tower, and the baptistery.
Day 5: Florence – Bologna – Padua – Venice
Depart for Bologna after breakfast in Florence. There, we will wander through the city’s 38 kilometers worth of elegant arcades (or porticos), for which Bologna is famous. From Piazza Malpighi, walk to Piazza del Nettuno and Piazza Maggiore (Neptune square and Major square) in the heart of the city, where we will find Neptune fountain; King Renzo Palace; Podestà Palace; and the basilica of San Petronio, one of the biggest in the world.
In the afternoon, continue toward Padova, with its original Sant’Antonio basilica. Later, we will arrive in Venice, world-renowned for its classic gondola boats and its elegant, refined art. Check in our hotel and enjoy our first Venetian dinner.
Day 6: Venice
Hit the water after breakfast as we board a private water bus to enjoy St. Mark’s Square, interior visit of the splendid cathedral, the Dogi Palace, a symbol of the glory and authority of Venice as it housed the seat of the government and the court of justice. Nearby we will see the legendary bridge of sight.
Spend the afternoon roaming along Venice’s canals at our leisure and then return to the hotel for dinner and relaxation.
Day 7: Venice – Montepulciano – Rome
Once we eat breakfast, depart from Piazzale Roma to Tuscany, known for its romantic churches and castles and its delicious wines. We will proceed to val di chiana with a stop in Montepulciano, a medieval town rich with history and art. Known for its “nobile” wine, which can be purchased in wine houses in town, Montepulciano is also the host of an annual jazz and wine festival every July. Spend the afternoon getting to know Montepulciano at our own pace, free wine tasting in many shops and free time for shopping. In the evening, we will arrive in back in Rome and check into the Massimo D’Azeglio.
Day 8: Depart from Rome back to JFK
Please note that a roommate will be provided for you if you do not have one. Optional insurance is $100.
October 15th – $400 (nonrefundable)
November 15th – $300
December 15th – $300
January 15th – $300
February 15th – 300
March 15th – $300
April 15th – $300
May 15th – $300 (final payment)
· Your deposit is fully refundable up until the first day of the payment plan. After that all deposits are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
· All payments, after the deposit, are refundable unless your airline tickets has been purchased. If you need to cancel and we have purchased your airline tickets, we will give you your flight information so that you can make changes directly with the airline.
· The trip becomes 100% non-refundable after the final payment date.
· Refunds are processed immediately on our end but can take up to 30 days for you to receive depending on your bank.
To reserve your space today, you can pay here